Q1.What is CyberPass?
CyberPass is your Passport to Cyberland.
It allows access to services offered by Tata Communications Internet Services Limited (formerly VSNL) in one power packed account.
Q2. Who can subscribe to CyberPass service?
The CyberPass service is being offered to customers of Tata Tele Services Ltd (TTXL) (including Tata Teleservices Maharashtra Ltd ) who fit the following criteria:
- Postpaid / billing connections
Thus all Tata Indicom – Mobile / Walky / VO Data Card customers are eligible for CyberPass
Q3. Does CyberPass have a different logo?
Yes. CyberPass is a new service and has a different logo. This branding will reflect in all our communication on CyberPass.
Q4. How does a TTXL subscriber register for CyberPass service?
- TTXL website (tataindicom.com) will have a page describing the service and with a link to activate the service.
- TTXL customer will be asked to authenticate with his MyIndicom username password.
- Post validation and credit checks, the user is taken to the CyberPass ‘Create Profile’ page.
- Certain details will be sent by TTXL and be captured in the form. These will not be editable by the user. These fields are:
- Name as in TTXL records
- TTXL phone number
- TTXL phone type
- TTXL account number
- Billing Address
- TTXL Billing cycle
- The user will choose a User Name and enter all mandatory fields.
- If the desired user name is not available the user is shown certain options or asked to enter another user name choice
- The user will be given a choice to make his user name into a paid premium email id.
- Once the user choice for email is captured he is displayed a confirmation page by TTXL.
- The user is sent a welcome email and SMS.
Q5. What are the scenarios in which a customer will not be able to register for CyberPass?
- User is not registered for MyIndicom
- User is not a Postpaid wireless customer of TTXL
- User does not meet the criteria set by TTXL (includes credit limit, payment history, etc)
- User is already registered for CyberPass service
- System error during registration flow
Q6. What are the tariffs for the various services being offered under CyberPass?
Details of CyberPass service:
Registration / Activation fee
: Rs.0 (ZERO)
Rs. 0 (ZERO)
Email id is optional and NOT free
. (Rs. 200 per annum; charged in first bill)
Q7. What are the charges for optional email?
At time of registration the subscriber can choose to make his CyberPass username into a premium email id.
This email is offered at Rs.200 per annum and will be charged to the first bill of the user.
- 50MB mailbox space
- POP3 access (can access email from outlook / outlook express / mail client)
- No advertising text attached to outgoing email
- Web based access
Q8. How are CyberPass users billed for usage of the service / How does user pay for CyberPass service?
The CyberPass account is a postpaid account with TTXL. The monthly usage charges for CyberPass are added to the users Tata Indicom mobile / walky / data card bill (TTXL bill).
TTXL will collect usage and service tax on behalf of Tata Communications Internet Services Limited.
User simply has to pay his TTXL bill which contains the charges via available modes of payment. These include:
Details on services subscribed and charged can be viewed in the My Usage section in My Account.
User cannot make a payment to Tata Communications Internet Services Limited directly.
Q9. What billing cycle will be attached to these customers?
CyberPass subscribers will be attached to either of the 3 Tata Communications Internet Services Limited billing cycles, depending on the TTXL billing cycle.
The TTXL billing cycle information is sent to Tata Communications Internet Services Limited at time of registration and the Tata Communications Internet Services Limited billing cycle will be set basis this.
For eg: if the TTXL mobile billing date is 12th August. The bill will contain usage charges of Tata Communications services for the period 1st July to 31st July. Tata Communications Internet Services Limited Bill date will be 1st August
Clearly Tata Communications Internet Services Limited billing information sent to TTXL would be between 10 -20 days prior to the date TTXL bills the customer. This limitation is due to Tata Communications Internet Services Limited having only 3 billing cycles as compared to 31 billing cycle of TTXL.
If the TTXL billing cycle is changed, the information is automatically sent by TTXL to Tata Communications Internet Services Limited backend, and the Tata Communications Internet Services Limited bill cycle is changed accordingly.
Q10.What is the URL / website for CyberPass service?
The CyberPass home page here will have:
- login section to the special content portal
- link to sign in to MyAccount section
- link to FAQs (specific to CyberPass)
- link to Terms & Conditions (specific to CyberPass)
- link to details on contacting Customer Service
- link to essential downloads section of TIBB
Q11.What is the user’s credit limit for CyberPass service? How will dunning for this service be done?
The subscribers will have a common credit limit for both his TTXL service and CyberPass service.
If the customer’s services are blocked by TTXL, his CyberPass username will also get suspended. This will automatically get reactivated when TTXL unblocks the subscriber.
Q12.How can the subscriber choose to deactivate CyberPass service?
The CyberPass service can be deactivated online from the MyAccount section.
- User has to Navigate to MyAccount>MyInfo>Requests>Deactivate CyberPass Service
- User credentials (password and secret question and answer) will be validated
- On successful validation the service will be terminated and the TTXL systems will be updated.
- The final bill will be generated on the billing cycle date of the user and be sent to TTXL.
We should also have anoption at both call centers to de-activate the service.
Q13. What are the scenarios in which the CyberPass service will get deactivated?
- User initiated online request from MyAccount
- Change in TTXL phone number
- Change in TTXL account number
- TTXL number disconnected / terminated
Q14.How can the user contact customer service?
- Customers would call TTXL on 121 or Tata Communications Internet Services Limited call centre for any query for CyberPass services.
- TTXL helpdesk would handle any query / complaint (Technical & Billing) regarding to voice services.
- Tata Communications Internet Services Limited helpdesk would handle any query / complaint (Technical & Billing) regarding to CyberPass services.
- If any customer lands on the TTXL helpdesk for help on CyberPass services he would be asked to call 121 and select the CyberPass services option from the IVR or call Tata Communications Internet Services Limited call centre.
- If any customer lands on the Tata Communications Internet Services Limited helpdesk for help on voice services he would be asked to call 121.
- All complaints would be solved as per TTXL/ Tata Communications Internet Services Limited TATs. The same needs to be communicated to the customer while taking the complaint.
Q15.How can a CyberPass customer avail of dial up service?
The customers needs to download our Total Internet dialer (available in the Essesntial Downloads section on our website) or use the Operating System dialer. Once connected to a telephone line, he needs to dial 172226 and enter his CyberPass UserName and Password for authentication.
Q16. How can a CyberPass customer avail of broadband service?
The customer needs to be connected to a Tata Indicom Broadband powered PC/ laptop. If the connection uses PPPoE dialer or Web Based login for authentication, he can connect to the internet using his CyberPass UserName and Password. He will not be able to connect where Static IP is provisioned.
Q17.How can a CyberPass customer avail of net telephony service?
The net telephony softphone needs to be downloaded from the essential services section. Once connected to the internet, the desired number can be dialed from the softphone after authenticating with the CyberPass User Name and Password.
Q18.What functionalities of My Account section will be available?
My Account functionalities of Change Password, Update Profile, Check Usage, Deactivate Service, My Services.